Today our electronic devices are an important part of our lives and it is hard to imagine being without them. Our constant use of technology is what keeps us in touch to pay bills, stay on top of the latest news, shop, and research things that give us an edge. However, our data can be exposed to criminals, who commit criminal acts such as identity theft and credit card fraud, unless we take appropriate precautions.
Our increasing reliance on electronic devices is part of the reason why careers in cyber security are growing at a rapid pace. Jobs in information security, web development, and computer network architecture are expected to grow considerably. Understanding the threats can help everyone do their part to make those jobs easier.
At Imarticus, we have a cybersecurity certification course that will give you a comprehensive understanding of attacks and how to increase your computer and web security. Below are some of the topics you will learn about in the online courses for cyber security and an Overview of threats to Cybersecurity and how they can be averted.
What is cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity is the practice of securing networks, systems, and other digital infrastructure to prevent cyber attacks. The damages suffered by these types of crimes reach millions of dollars, which is why many banks, governments, agencies, and technology companies are investing in cybersecurity to protect their businesses and customers.
What are the different types of cyber-attacks
Cyber-attacks can come in many forms:
- Malware: This consists of malicious software entering networks through suspicious links or emails or through the installation of applications. Once inside the system, the malware can obtain information or block access to vital components.
- Phishing: Phishing is the practice of sending mass emails under the name of trusted and well-known entities. In these emails, they send links through which they gain access to sensitive data such as credit cards, passwords, etc.
- Social engineering: A process by which a person is psychologically manipulated to obtain personal information, taking advantage of the person's trust.
- Middleman attack: Occurs when criminals disrupt the traffic between a two-person transaction. For example, they can enter via a public wifi network, without a protected network, these cybercriminals can obtain all of a person's information without being caught.
- Zero-day attacks: These occur between the announcement of a network vulnerability and the search for a solution. Generally, due to transparency and security policies, most companies must announce if there are security problems in their networks, which is when criminals take advantage and attack.
Fortunately, there are basic measures to protect our systems from these attacks. The main thing is to have layered cyber security, a combination of firewalls, software, antivirus, and other tools that will help us to combat this malware. But to know how to protect devices and information you need expertise in web security.
As you can see, it is a big problem that threatens companies, large firms, and even governments. For this reason, the demand for professionals specializing in Computer Science and Cybernetics is increasing every day. The professional field to develop is wide and also well paid. You can follow online courses for cyber security to add this knowledge to your professional training. In addition, learn about the wide variety of online degrees in Computer Science and Information at Imarticus.
We invite you to browse our website to find the different proposals for online degrees and postgraduate courses related to computer science, web security, and cybernetics. Don't wait any longer to become the professional you've always dreamed of and start your cybersecurity certification course at Imarticus!