Corporate Banking which is an area many career aspirants would love to join surprisingly has very few good certification courses. Recently FLIP introduced a specific Corporate Banking certification course which is apparently popular among the B-school aspirants.
This course covers non-funded and funded products while taking you through all corporate banking important work areas. It is an apt course for SME and corporate banking career aspirants and is also used for employee training by leading NBFCs and banks.
The syllabus covers topics like:
- Understanding products, solutions, corporate client requirements and the matching of these parameters.
- RAROC adjustments of risk, wallet sizes, Matrix for product penetration, and relationship management.
- Credit note memos, analysis, and presentations to the management.
- Client credit-profile analysis and assessment through quantitative and qualitative techniques.
- Corporate banking products, Treasury products, and both non-funded and funded products.
In retail banking aka consumer banking, the focus is on the individual consumers or mass-market large commercial banks offering services through their local offices. Some examples of such banks are Citibank, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo and Bank of America.
Increasingly the trend is to go in for new-age banking with a gamut of services and products that are consumer-need and profitability based one-stop banking solutions providers with services like retirement planning, private banking, brokerage accounts, corporate banking, wealth management, and even third-party services being included. Hence a wide-scope Corporate Banking Course is best undertaken at a reputed institute like Imarticus Learning.
Why banking jobs are so popular:
In comparison to investment banking, corporate banking dealing with corporate has relatively fixed working hours, fewer deals, large-deal amounts and offers a broader job-scope. New-age banks have evolved which are needs and market-based. Traditionally the roles were related to customer-service and teller areas in banks. This means multi-tasking banking professionals are in high demand.
Today rather than specific roles in corporate banking, an aspirant can also take up any of the trending opportunities in new-age banking like
- Investment and Trust Banking help with investments, issuances, property and fund management for both individual and institutional clients.
- Operations roles deal with the everyday handling of banking operations from bookkeeping, record keeping, financial analysis, strategy meetings, client presentations, etc.
- Personalized Consumer Banking or retail banking division roles deal with customized services and financial advice to priority individual HNI customers.
- Commercial and Corporate Banking roles have clients like organizations, schools, businesses, churches, etc to cater to customized banking financial solutions.
- IT, systems and security cover areas that aid the banking operation, accumulate technology, data, and records, store them safely, and maintain the safety of the entire banking environment and assets.
- Accounting and administration roles handle policies, routine due-diligence, strategy and planning, internal operations and such tasks.
- HR and PR Resources are the bloodlines and while HR is employee management related the PRO is client-facing and strives to improve customer experience and feedback.
- Regulatory and Accounting and administration roles handle policies, routine due-diligence, strategy and planning, internal operations and such tasks.
- Marketing is an important role and helps win the new customers into the fold with banks product information, managing the customer database, advertising, media, and press releases and much more.
New-age banking offers some great features like:
- Job security and working in MNC environments.
- Super salary packages topped with great benefits
- Jobs for retired bankers and career-changers within the banking areas are never a problem.
- Wide variety of jobs experiences and roles.
- Banking industry jobs are prestigious and have a thriving ecosystem.
- To update knowledge of latest banking trends and practices new age banking training can help. They also help with certifications and interview skills.
- Excellent career progression and scope for banking jobs makes this career choice great.
- Community service goals and continued learning opportunities are satisfying and enriching.
- The working hours are good and the environment conducive to career-progression.
- Certifications gained to add value to your resume and knowledge endorsing your skill levels.
To become career-prepared you need to undertake new age banking training. An academic bachelor’s degree would be essential and experience in banking practices definitely help. Fluency in English communication and excellent skills in presentations using Microsoft Excel Macros and financial software is critical to presenting a report of insights that help decision-making based on predictive analysis foresight and data analytical skills. Yes, conceptual knowledge and expertise in the domain enable you to stand out in this prestigious job.
The pay packages, bonuses, and career-progression when you make a career in new-age banking are not just lucrative and prestigious. They are performance and new-age banking certification enabling continuous learning and very satisfying job roles.
Hurry to Imarticus Learning today! For more details in brief and for further career counseling, you cal also contact us through the Live Chat Support system or can even visit one of our training centers based in – Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Gurgaon, and Ahmedabad.