Training is an important aspect nowadays among workplaces. It ensures increased productivity, employee satisfaction, and loyalty, interaction among employees. It helps in upskilling and filling skill gaps among employees. But as time is progressing, new and adaptive ways of training are coming up in the corporate field which results in higher accuracy and results.
Let us see some upcoming techniques in 2020 in corporate training in this article.
Some trending training techniques
- Personalized company applications – A firm can introduce a mobile application or computer software for its employees who can give them personalized training through programs, videos or slides. Most of us spend our leisure time on mobile phones, at that time if some information can be grasped, then it will definitely help the employees. There are currently some training apps in the market like Mindflash, Udemy, BizMobile, etc.
- AI-based training – The power of automation that is given by AI is unmatchable. If combined with IoT, the automation power increases even more. Firms are also shifting their data online such as in clouds. AI-based training can identify loopholes in the workplace and employees can be given personalized and automated training. This will reduce the workload of managers and team leads and is also an effective way of learning. A lot of tasks like manipulating content, removing redundant data, quick query replies through chatbots are being done by AI currently.
- Personalized mentorship – A complete SWAT analysis of employees is done in order to find the strengths and weaknesses among the employees. Then each employee can be given the required knowledge only in a quick time without wasting time on already known areas.
- Gamification – It is a process in which certain games that involve competition are introduced in the training process. The employees compete with each other and get rewards in return. This way they are not bored and the learning process also keeps ongoing.
- Augmented reality – In this process, a complete 3D hologram of any particular product is created. For example, the mechanic engineers can see a 3D hologram of the car they wish to design through their screens. They can twist it and rotate it according to their needs and can create a good finished product.
- Experimental learning – The employees are presented with real-life situations and then they perform and judge themselves. In this way, they are well prepared to do it when the situation arrives. For example, network security employees are presented with real-life security breach situations and they have to try to protect their network.
- Microlearning – It is a process in which quick pieces of information are transferred among employees. This type of information is precise and passed at the required time. It can be passed through various mediums like text messages, short videos, and tips from team leads.
Some key highlights –
Currently in India, the corporate training market is estimated to be about INR 25,000 million. But this figure is not highlighting the complete picture; actually, the Indian corporate training market has the capacity to train only 3 million youths from 12 million youths entering the annual labor force. Training is an important practice to ensure high productivity and profits. In this era of competition, every firm wants that their employees should be skilled and that can only happen when skill gaps are filled through training.
Corporate training is expected to change drastically in the upcoming time. New effective ways of corporate training are being found which can replace the traditional methods because they have higher reach and outcome. This article was all about the upcoming changes in the field of corporate training. I hope it helps!