How does one learn web development is a question that most of us have asked ourselves one time or another. Why? Because all searches we do are for websites on our smartphones and laptops. So pervasive has been the use of data, ML, AI and web development that it won’t be surprising if Google and WhatsApp become universities suited for education and training!
Well here’s to a simple and easy answer to learn web development. If you are fluent in any step, please go on to the next.
Topics for revision and learning:
1. Learning web development starts with answering the questions
o Define your understanding of a website.
o Explain the key players- server/web server, client-side scripting, mark-up languages, server-side scripting, browsers, protocols (http) etc.
2. Trace all processes from typing google.com in your browser to the final complete page loading.
3. Explain why HTTP is called stateless? What is the role of a session in overcoming the issue?
o Basic tags
o Marquee 🙂
Scripting the server-side:
• Begin with a language like php.
• Provide necessary input –create forms and type elements.
• Use PHP to display after you retrieve data from the submitted form.
It is an exciting process to use HTML and CSS the very first time and novices will enjoy the visuals.
Now it is time to get down to doing things! Having learnt about the fundamentals of how websites work and the basics of web programming, you have to make choices of platform, language and framework suitable to your needs. Consider future needs, personal interests and future plans to help you decide. You can also use php since you have already become quite adept at using it.
The next step is on the databases where you will
a. Connect a database
b. Make simple SQL queries.
c. Select data, insert and update some entries and delete data.
d. Database manipulation using the user inputs
Once here, you can start creating your own personal website. You can also use any open source website to download it for free and learn from it.
Resources useful at this point are
2. Php.net– This website allows you to learn all you need to about PHP.
3. For open-source free projects try these websites.
Don’t worry if you get stuck or have unanswered questions. Just post them on StackOverflow and allow the community and peers to help you. It also makes sense to find an experienced programmer to mentor you through the process.
While you are at it keep updating your knowledge through the ample resources and books, magazines, videos, and online resources.
Have a quick look at the dummies set of books which are not really so dumb and are quite simply laid out to learn quickly and easily.
Doing a Paid Course:
Some people wish to make a career in web development and for them, it is a good idea to do a course with the reputed training partner Imarticus Learning. Practice is the secret of making tough tasks look easy. Hence, if you have the inclination to make a career of it consider the benefits of doing a learn web development paid course.
Here are the benefits of doing the course.
• You get trained in a very short time period.
• Practical skills in the latest technology are enhanced through project work, assignments, etc keeping your sports vertical in mind.
• They have sufficient assignments, tests, hands-on practice, and boot-camps to help you revise and learn the tough subjects.
• They have a variety of subjects like ML, AI, finance, fintech, etc in which they offer certification.
• They use certified instructors and mentors drawn from the industry.
• They integrate resume writing, personality development, mock interviews and soft-skill development modules in the course.
• They have convenient modes and timings to learn at your own pace and online for professionals and in the classroom mode for sports analytics career aspirants.
• They offer assured placements too!
Web development has ample scope and potential as a career. The payouts are great and with more internet penetration the field of web development grows proportionately. This also creates jobs and Imarticus has an assured placement cell that can help you make your career in web development.
Why wait? Apply yourself to learn web development.