What is Full Stack Java?
Table of Contents
We live in a digital world where for every problem we have a digital solution. The software provides a huge contribution to problem-solving by its various capabilities and functionalities. The software can be termed as an entity with the successful completion and combination of the three layers namely- Presentation layer, Business logic layer and the database layer (the backend layer). This three-layer architecture is called a stack.
Let us suppose that we have to develop an application. When we are developing an application, we should keep it in mind that the user interface for the application is good to provide a good user experience.
In addition to the user experience, it should provide the functionalities needed by the client/user (business logic layer) and should store the real-world data as well. The combination of all these entities to develop software is termed as a full-stack.
• The presentation layer is primarily concerned with the interface part of an application. It is termed as the interacting counterpart of an application.
• The business logic layer can be considered as the processing counterpart of the application. It is concerned with actions such as submitting the form on the click of a button.
• The database layer is mainly considered with the storage of information.
Now the question that arises is that when we say java full stack or python full-stack, what does it exactly mean? If we go by the above definition, anything that has a three-layer architecture for software development can be termed as a full-stack. Why is a programming language often used with the word "full-stack"?
The answer to all these questions is, the middle layer of software development called the business logic layer. The different kinds of the full stack are due to the language used for writing the business logic layer code.
An application that uses java language for specifying the business logic layer code, is termed as a java full-stack.
A person equipped with the talent of managing all the three layers of software development is called a full stack developer.
Other than Java, the popular programming languages used for software development are ASP.NET, C#, Python, PHP, etc. Out of all these Java is still the most preferred language for full-stack development. The components of a full-stack application are
• Responsible for good user interface and user experience.
• The improvisation in the front end is done with the help of libraries and frameworks such as AngularJs, ReactJs, and VueJs.
Business logic layer
• Responsible for operations that are performed by the user in an application.
• Supports different languages.
• Commonly used languages comprise of PHP, Java, C#, etc
• Responsible for data storage.
• It supports different databases like MongoDB, SQL, Oracle for maintaining data security and appropriate storage (storing of data in a structured manner).
A person working as a full stack developer should have a good knowledge of all these layers to ensure that developed applications can work properly thereby satisfying the client requirements.
There are several stacks used for full-stack development such as MEAN stack, MERN stack, LAMP stack. MEAN(MongoDB, Express, AngularJs, Node) stack is considered as the best one when it comes to full-stack development. There is a huge demand for full-stack developers in start-ups as well as companies.
A full-stack developer is responsible for all the three layers and can develop an application all on their own. The absence of a backend specialist or UI/UX designer does not affect the rest of the application.