What is Data Science
Data science is a field with a plethora of possibilities and is evolving very quickly in our day and age. Hence since it does not have any clear cut boundaries, coming up with an exact definition for it becomes a tough task. In simple terms, data science is the process of collecting information as well as creating actionable insights from unorganised raw data. It involves taking raw data and making sense of it.
Data is something that can not be easily understood by a common individual. It depends on machines to understand and interpret it, process it and then change it into something meaningful.
Data has become completely intertwined with everything we do today and the modern world can not function without it. Various companies, countries and individuals are looking to digitise their information as fast as possible to increase efficiency. Taking up a data science course is highly recommended for people to gain more knowledge and information on the following topics.
How does Data Science work exactly?
When a person chooses to go into the field of data science they would need to meet a large number of requirements in order to be good at their job. This can be done by choosing to go through a data science course. These disciplines include being able to products a complete, thorough and clean output of the raw data that has been provided.
Other requirements include engineering, mathematics, statistical knowledge, advanced computing and creativity. This would allow the individual to search through the data in an efficient manner and organise the messy raw information in front of them. They will then need to convey only the important parts that will assist in driving innovation and efficiency. As mentioned earlier, a data science course will be of an advantage for those interested to enter the field.
Data science is heavily dependent on artificial intelligence and machine learning. AI helps in creating models and using algorithms to predict outcomes. There are five stages to data science. They are:
- Capture: This involves the acquisition, entering and extraction of data
- Maintain: This step involves warehousing, cleaning, staging, processing and structuring of data.
- Process: Here data is mined, classified, modelled and summarised
- Communicate: The data is reported and visualized. Then various decisions are made regarding the data.
- Analyze: A qualitative and predictive analysis of the data is done.
A data science course would harbour more information in further detail, thus improving your understanding of this career path.
Where is Data Science Used?
Data science is helping us move forward in our ever-expanding world. It has helped us reach various goals and helped improve the efficiency of work. It is being used in various fields today. Some of these fields have been listed below.
- Self-driving cars: Using AI and machine learning, transport today has reached a whole new level. Companies like Tesla, Volkswagon and Ford have begun incorporating complex AI features into their vehicles, thus leading a range of autonomous cars. Using small cameras and tiny sensors, these cars have the ability to send information back and forth in real-time.
- Healthcare: Data science is being used in healthcare to a large extent today. This ranges from storing patient information in a compact and efficient manner through a database to making new breakthroughs in the fields of disease study.
- Cybersecurity: Data science makes it possible to source through large data sets and thus is perfect for detecting any kind of malware present. This thus makes it ideal for use in cybersecurity.
Data science is hence a very important part of our lives today. For anyone looking to work in such a feeling, it is ideal that they go through a data science course. A data science course would equip the individual with all the necessary information and tools to succeed in this particular field.
Also Read: Resources to Learn Data Science Online