The jobs today are dependent on the systems we use to do our work. Therefore, it is quite important to keep the system up and running. This brings in a need to hire someone who is an expert in the field of managing business systems and how we operate. This expert is usually known as a business system analyst.
Systems analysts are people with high order thinking ability and a diverse skill set. These people are responsible for developing projects and delivering high-quality results. Successful and high performing organisations have one thing in common: An exceptional analyst of business systems.
Who is a Business System Analyst?
A business system analyst is a person who takes up initiatives and projects of developing new business processes and drives major changes in the organisation. These analysts have a comprehensive understanding of different types of business systems and how these systems operate. They make use of the existing data sets to come up with conclusions that aid business decisions. Also, these individuals contribute immensely in achieving the organisational and strategic goals of a company.
The duties of a business system analyst
- He performs different functions within the organisation. Some of these common functions are:
Dealing with the entire management and relevant stakeholders regularly to understand their new requirements or to know about the need for updating the existing systems.
- They develop possible business cases and scenarios and come up with innovative solutions. Also, they map different business processes to keep a tab on the activities going on inside the company.
- They track the performance of individuals, the progress of different projects, etc. Also, they resolve issues which arise from these projects.
- They keep a track on the implementation of proper system throughout the organisation. They work quite closely with the tech professionals working in the company.
- They are responsible for generating performance reports for all the employees and the projects on which the company is working.
- They build up new business information systems which might be required to adhere to the strategic needs of the company and also to align with the goals of the company.
A business analyst course will give you a better understanding of the roles a business system analyst would be expected to perform.
How Much Money Do Business Systems Analysts Make?
This job requires specialised training. Also, it can only be taken up by people who have expertise in dealing with technological products. An analyst is known for his analytical bent of mind. It is a high paying job. The average pay of a business system analysts in Australia will lie somewhere between $100K to $120K. In India, the base pay is around 9-10 lakhs which is considered to be quite good. The companies in the US pay their business systems analysts around $69000 which is considered to be quite decent. Different companies and countries have different salary ranges for BSAs but they are paid quite well everywhere. You can keep upgrading your skills to earn even better.
How Can You Become a Business Systems Analyst
A business analyst course will be the best way to go about it. It will give you all the important information that you would need while delivering results. Also, a course will give you a better understandi9ng of how different business systems work and the kind of ecosystem these analysts build for the companies they work in. You can also go for a specialisation in the field of IT, Finance, Communications, etc to have an edge over your competitors.