Robotic Process Automation is a form of artificial intelligence that automates tasks typically done by humans. For instance, RPA fills online forms, extracts data from websites, or generates reports. While RPA is often associated with large companies and enterprise-level automation projects, there is a growing demand for RPA project managers who can help small and medium-sized businesses implement RPA solutions. Let's understand it in detail!
Table of Contents
What is Robotic Process Automation, and how does it benefits business processes?
Robotic Process Automation, or RPA, is a type of automation technology that can streamline business processes. RPA software “robots” can be configured to mimic the actions of a human user, such as opening and closing applications, filling out forms, and extracting data.
RPA can provide many benefits for businesses, including improved efficiency, accuracy, and compliance with regulations. RPA can also help free employees from repetitive tasks so they can focus on more strategic work.
If you’re interested in becoming a robotic process automation project manager, you should know a few things. First, it’s important to have experience managing software development projects. You should also be familiar with the business processes that the RPA system will automate. Finally, it’s helpful to have some knowledge of artificial intelligence and machine learning concepts, as these technologies are often used in conjunction with RPA.
What does a Robotic Process Automation project manager do?
Robotic process automation (RPA) project managers are responsible for successfully implementing RPA solutions within an organization. They work closely with business stakeholders to understand their requirements and objectives and then develop and execute a plan to achieve them.
RPA project managers also play a critical role in ensuring that the RPA solution is configured correctly and tested before deployment into production. They also work with the IT team to ensure that the RPA solution integrates seamlessly with existing systems. After deployment, they monitor the performance of the RPA solution and make necessary adjustments to ensure that it meets the needs of the business.
To become an RPA project manager, you should have experience in both project management and process automation. It would help if you were well-versed in process improvement methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma.
Desirable Skills for Robotic Process Automation project managers
- Technical expertise: A solid understanding of programming & computer systems is a must. They must know how to set up and configure software applications, communicate with machines, and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Business acumen: RPA managers must clearly understand business processes & objectives & the ability to translate these goals into effective robotic automation solutions.
- Analytical thinking: RPA project managers must possess strong problem-solving skills & identify/resolve problems efficiently. They must be able to identify opportunities for automation, monitor progress, and make adjustments.
- Communication skills: RPA project managers must have excellent verbal/written communication skills to ensure that the implementation of RPA solution is successful.
- Leadership qualities: RPA project managers must possess strong leadership traits and be open-minded, decisive, proactive, organized, self-motivated, and willing to take responsibility.
Become Robotic Process Automation project manager with Imarticus Learning!
Imarticus Learning offers the best fintech courses in India. These financial technology courses are most comprehensively designed to transform your career.
This course empowers your FinTech knowledge through hands-on expert training, real-world case studies, projects involving technologies like Blockchain and Cloud Computing, and valuable interactions with FinTech industry leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Unique Fintech Pedagogy
- Industry Partnerships
- SP Jain Alumni
- Access to Imarticus's Fintech Community
- Strategic and hands-on training on technologies like API, Blockchain, Cloud Computing, AI, Machine Learning, IoT and RPA