The first thing that comes to your mind when you think of a bank is, probably a place to deposit money, maintain your savings, and offer loans as needed; all of which is of course true. However, for finance graduates, MBAs or students pursuing an investment banking course, there is an entirely different scenario when it comes to the idea of bank or bank jobs. Focusing on bonds, investment products and most importantly on stocks, these are large financial firms that influence and move money around the economy. Sometimes, these firms or investment banks are part of larger institutions that also offers commercial bank services to the public.
Here is a meltdown of the top investment banks to work for, in India and globally as well:
● Bank of America- One of the leading investment banks around the globe, Bank of America has been functioning in India since 1964. With its commitment to diversity and inclusion, this bank provides a range of financial solutions and investment products to some of the top multinational companies, financial institutions and top corporates alike. In liaise with work culture, the firm has earlier ranked as the top in Diversity, both Overall, Female and LGBTQ along with bagging the second spot in Minority Diversity.
● J.P. Morgan- It was 1930 when this renowned foreign bank set up operations in India. One of the largest in the world, J.P Morgan specializes in wholesale investment banking as well as investment advisory services. With $2.5 trillion worth of assets, the company majorly focuses on mergers and acquisitions along with offering services in risk management as well as capital raising.
● Morgan and Stanley- One of the best investment banks around the world and headquartered in the US, Morgan and Stanley started operations in India in the year 1993. Like most other financial institutions, the bank offers services in investment banking, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, private equity businesses, IPOs, advising, lending, sales and trading services. Morgan and Stanley has offices in more than 43 countries around the world with a varied clientele base that includes governments, corporates, multinationals and individuals.
● Barclays- Headquartered in Europe, Barclays has made its mark among the biggest investment banks in the world and holds assets of around $1.5 trillion. In India, Barclays is focused on catering to the needs of corporates in the country, especially in the small and medium enterprise sectors as well as companies looking out for international expansion. This investment bank offers a number of financial products and cash management services as well. The India headquarters are located in Mumbai.
● Deutsche Bank- Amongst the leaders of investment banking in the world, Deutsche Bank is among the four biggest banks in Europe and a full service institution who have one of the most influential services in investment banking. Their services in India cater both to the international and national domain, with a very strong clientele segment in the private sector. Their investment banking services also include sales and trading, risk management, advising, securities, research and analysis along with commercial banking.
● Goldman Sachs- A brand name of its own, this is perhaps the most prestigious investment bank worldwide, to work for. A 150 year old public company, this is an extremely influential name in Wall Street. Goldman Sachs started its operations in India in 2004 with its office located in Bengaluru. Their major divisions as well as services include investment management, private equity, lending portfolios, financial advisories, underwriting and investor services for institutions. This reputed financial institution has consistently been the benchmark in the industry of investment banking with offering quality of life.
While firms vary in rankings in terms of hours worked, compensation offered to employees,work culture, training opportunities and quality of life that includes work-life balance, investment banking has been a popular career choice among students with attractive salaries, extensive exposure to multiple work environments and challenging atmospheres. An integrated investment banking course along with a finance degree or even better, an MBA from a top business school actually offers a rewarding and brilliant career opportunity. An added exposure to some top-class industry training, scope for travel and the fat salary/ bonus balance is the cherry on the top.
Post Graduate Program In Finance And AccountingCo-created with Grant Thornton4.9 out of 5 by 238 learners14 X industry demand
FinTech ProdegreeCo-created with Rise Mumbai4.6 out of 5 by 1250 learners6X industry demand
Credit Risk and Underwriting ProdegreeCo-created with Moody’s Analytics4.5 out of 5 by 526 learners4X industry demand
Banking And Wealth Management Bootcamp4.7 out of 5 by 460 learners3X industry demand
Post Graduate Program In Capital Markets4.7 out of 5 by 807 learners3X industry demand
Certified Investment Banking Operations Professional4.8 out of 5 by 7600 learners8X indsutry demand
Post Graduate In New Age Banking4.6 out of 5 by 1726 learners4X industry demand
Financial Analysis ProdegreeCo-created with KPMG4.7 out of 5 by 3311 learners4X indsutry demand
Imarticus Learning is India’s leading professional education institute that offers training in Financial Services, Data Analytics & Technology. We’ve successfully transformed careers of over 35,000+ individuals globally through our Certification, Prodegree, and Post Graduate programs offered in association with leading and renowned global organisations in the Financial Services, Data Analytics & Technology domain.