With the growing popularity of the cloud, it has become more critical than ever for organizations to adopt a culture of innovation and agility. This is where DevOps comes in. At its core, DevOps is about integrating software engineering (Dev) with system administration (Ops). It’s really about automating as much as possible and making sure that you can deploy code quickly without worrying about downtime or failures.
This blog post highlights the jobs and responsibilities of a cloud DevOps engineer and the benefits of having a certification.
Table of Contents
What is Cloud DevOps Engineering All About?
As an engineer on the team, your job will be to ensure that everything runs smoothly from end-to-end: from development and testing to deployment and production support. Cloud DevOps engineers are responsible for the development and management of cloud-based applications.
They oversee the entire process from inception to completion without any interruption or mistakes. Additionally, they can work independently on a project with no oversight needed! The benefits of having a professional certification include:
(1) you will be more attractive to potential employers
(2) your salary may increase by up to 10%
(3) It's an opportunity to prove yourself as an expert in this field.
What do cloud DevOps engineers do?
A cloud DevOps engineer is an IT professional responsible for connecting and bridging software development, engineering, and management. This is done to make the software development process faster. Thus, a DevOps engineer is mainly responsible for various development and operations of software applications. Below listed are some of the most common job responsibilities of a cloud DevOps engineer:
- Find & analyze new ways of automation
- Use automated configuration tools
- Maintain web-based applications
- Deploy web-based applications
- Becoming a part of the development process
- Be a part of application integration & testing
Career Scope for Cloud DevOps Engineer:
By earning professional certification, there are many benefits that a person can enjoy while boosting their candidature in resume. With professional certification, when it comes down to finding employment or advancing in a career in an industry, you have a golden opportunity to get familiar with the field's best practices and open multiple options.
After earning professional cloud DevOps engineer certification, a person can find employment in the following job roles:
- Software Engineer
- Software Tester
- Software Developer
- Security Engineer
- Quality Assurance
- Automation Expert
Make a Career with Imarticus Learning:
To make a career in software engineering, you can opt for an online software engineering course offered by Imarticus Learning.
Industry leaders design the Certification in Software Engineering for Cloud, Blockchain, and IoT program to provide the best learning outcome to aspiring Software Engineers. The 9-month extensive program prepares students for a new-age Software Engineer role specializing in Cloud, Blockchain, and IoT.
- Students build a strong foundation of Software Engineering concepts.
- Industry experts help students learn the practical implementation of Cloud, Blockchain, and IoT through real-world projects from diverse industries.
- The course goes a long way towards helping you unlock lucrative career opportunities in the ever-growing field of Software Engineering.
- The course is uniquely designed by E&ICT Academy & IIT Guwahati academicians to help you learn exactly what the job market demands.
- Students learn Cloud, Blockchain, and IoT application skills through multiple business projects.
- The projects have been taken from diverse industries to expose a wide range of problems and find solutions.