In this digital era, we all are interconnected with several digital channels and systems. Cybersecurity is not only the responsibility of corporations and governments anymore. The frequency of cyberattacks is increasing rapidly and we all are at risk. We all have sensitive information stored on online channels that need to be protected at any cost. From digital transactions to sensitive personal information, everything needs to be protected. Businesses and customers should know about cybersecurity basics for making the digital world a safer place. Read on to understand the role of cybersecurity in making the digital world safer and more resilient.
Take responsibility for your data
Table of Contents
Cybersecurity basics to know in 2021
In 2021, you should be aware of the basic cybersecurity measures that can be taken to protect online data. Some of the cybersecurity basics in 2021 that should be known by all are listed below:
- Use strong passphrases for securing your digital accounts across channels. Use a passphrase that consists of at least 14 characters. Use a combination of letters, digits, and special characters (if permissible) to form a strong passphrase that cannot be guessed. Make sure you remember your passphrases and do not store them digitally at one location.
- Besides using two-factor authentication, also use multi-factor authentication for securing your data. You can use a biometric lock to make sure no one gains access to your personal information.
- Scammers conduct phishing attacks to persuade users into sharing personal information. Avoid clicking on links in messages, emails, and social media posts that seem suspicious. If it doesn’t seem right, don’t click on it and let it go.
- To be free from malware or ransomware, make sure your internet-connected devices are updated. Install antivirus/firewalls applications on your smartphones and PCs before using them.
- Back your important information to a safe place for greater resilience. You can quickly recover from data loss if you have adequate backup.
Career opportunities in the cybersecurity sector
Business organisations are more aware of cybersecurity threats than ever in 2021. They recruit certified cyber security professionals for protecting the company and customer data. Since the number of cyberattacks is rising, the demand for cybersecurity experts is also rising. At present, business organisations need cybersecurity experts that can use new-age technologies to provide automated solutions. You can also go for a cyber security professional course to give your career a kickstart.
Imarticus Learning is a reliable EdTech platform that provides the best cyber security courses online India. With cybersecurity courses of Imarticus, you can learn industry practices and the evolution of cybersecurity techniques. The cybersecurity industry offers several job roles, and the chances of upscaling are high.
The cybersecurity courses offered by Imarticus will also kickstart your career. You will receive excellent placement mentorship from Imarticus. Beginners can learn the basics of cybersecurity with online courses of Imarticus Learning. You can get an industry-recognised certificate after completing an online course from Imarticus. Start your cybersecurity online course right away!