Supply chain management in commerce is the process of managing the flow of goods and services, between businesses and locations. A supply chain career involves the storage and movement of raw materials, inventory, and also finished products. It also involves managing order fulfillment from the source of origin to the source of consumption. Read on to know more...
Why is a supply chain management certification required?
With the passage of time, technological innovations, growing population, and ever-increasing demand for commodities, the delivery of goods and services in our global economy have become challenging and increasingly complex. Large businesses and robust organizations are in constant need of supply chain managers for managing the deliveries and other operations related to the supply chain. Therefore, studying a course and pursuing a career in supply chain management is quite a lucrative option. You will learn how to execute the choicest practices in procurement, purchasing, logistics, inventory management, distribution, and compliance.
Notably, supply chain managers and professionals face numerous challenges in business operations such as disruptions, risks, and an increase in market competition. Once you take up a course, you will learn how to effectively minimize the damage incurred because of supply chain disruptions, plan out risk management methods and strategize cost reduction policies. A certification course in supply chain management will give you the skills you need to become a valuable asset to your company in contributing to the effective working of the supply chain.
Benefits of taking up a supply chain management course
Here are some reasons a course in supply chain management can be beneficial to you:
- Career boost: If you are already an analyst manager or a part of handling logistics, taking up a good course and getting certified as a supply chain professional is bound to give your career opportunities the boost it requires.
- More knowledge about business operations: Pursuing a career in supply chain management will give you the skill set required for managing a company's supply chain with ease. Not only will it give you the credentials to get a promotion in your organization, but also the knowledge about dealing with the complexities of the supply chain and how things work for the smooth process of delivering commodities between suppliers and consumers. You will easily be able to troubleshoot any problem and mitigate any risk during manufacturing or distributing goods and services.
- More job opportunities and prospects: An SCM certification will be like a feather on your cap that will give you an edge over different candidates who have no formal training in this field.
- Help you stay updated: Supply chain management courses will help you keep abreast with the latest developments and ongoing trends in this sector.
What you will learn in a supply chain management course?
- Designing value in SCM: You will learn how to design value in the global supply chain with decision-making tools and make decisions for forecasting and planning through quantitative methods.
- Enterprise resource planning: You will learn about ERP for the integrated approach, the core structure of ERP-related systems, and different ERP techniques and tools for SCM.
- Supply chain operations: You will learn about various SCM operations like concepts, conceptual framework, latest trends, technologies, operational measures, operational activities, demand planning, and forecasting.
A course in SCM will teach you the most important concepts used in strategy, inventory control, and the like. A supply chain analytics course or a professional supply chain management course from Imarticus Learning will take your supply chain career to greater heights.