Postgraduate Program In Banking: Digitalisation Of Retail Banking
Table of Contents
In countries like India, the banking industry has become a top choice for candidates. Out of all the different categories in the banking industry for job roles, the growth witnessed in the retail banking career has been significant, especially since the introduction of complete automation using artificial intelligence in the country. HDFC Bank Ltd. is the biggest retail bank in the country and also a top bank to explore a retail banking career.
Other banks on the list are ICICI Bank Ltd, State Bank of India, Axis Bank Ltd, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd, etc. Given this increasing demand for retail banking job roles for candidates, students are enrolling in retail banking courses training. Moreover, with the combination of a long list of both private and government banks that offer good salary packages, the demand curve is expected to rise further, following an upward trend. Let us look at the benefits of a retail banking career and how you can make the most of it below.
Benefits of a Retail Banking Job Role
- The first benefit of a retail banking job is the global exposure it offers by allowing you an opportunity to interact with people around the globe. This not only helps you grow on a professional level but also improves your cultural knowledge of other countries.
- The second advantage of a retail banking job is the inflow of networking opportunities that you receive as a result of interacting with new people daily including colleagues, customers, organizations, etc. At times, it also pushes you to step out of your comfort zone and take decisions or strategize on grounds that increase your learning.
- Salary packages are another advantage of exploring a retail banking career. The salary packages for the right candidate are promising, keeping in mind the industry standards. This helps you stand out and feel accomplished and confident in your knowledge and work.
Top Way to Prepare
To be able to qualify for a retail banking job role, you need to complete a postgraduate program in banking to understand how retail banking works. Now, given the technological advancements introduced in the education sector, the popularity of retail banking online training is increasing rapidly. Online education is the future that saw light during the global pandemic and is now on an unstoppable journey to revolutionize the way students receive education today. Here are some of the advantages of exploring retail banking online training.
The first and the most important advantage of retail banking online training is the convenience and flexibility it offers to all students. With online learning, you get to choose which course you want to do and how many hours you can put in as per your time routine to allow you to learn with better attention and focus for maximized learning.
High Quality of Education
As online education is increasing in popularity, the quality of education available online is also improving, assuring each student receives top-quality education from the convenience of the houses or offices. In addition to that, the supporting materials and resources available online to improve your learning also play a major role in the overall quality of education received online.
Lastly, as opposed to traditional classroom learning or seeking retail banking courses and training offline, online training encourages you to learn at your own pace without the peer pressure of competing with the other students. This not only increases your confidence but also impacts your knowledge grasping ability significantly.
Popular Job Roles in Retail Banking
- Online account supervisor to look after the accounts and other services for particular clients
- An account manager, also known as a commercial account supervisor, supports and guides associations and organizations to increase their banking capabilities in terms of accounts, money management, etc
- Customer advisor who is responsible to manage an individual or organization's portfolio within the designated bank, for improved wealth management and other banking services
As already mentioned, career opportunities in retail banking are increasing in demand, given their various advantages, especially networking opportunities and growth rate. But, to be able to successfully secure a job in the retail banking industry, it is important to prepare yourself well with the right courses and training programs to stand out amongst the other candidates and increase your chances of securing the job. Choose wisely and prepare yourself well to enjoy a successful career in the future.