Table of Contents
- 1 Lessons from the cyber security industry: A guide for navigation
In the cyber security industry, you know that many challenges exist. The best means to deal with them is by adapting and learning from mistakes made by others. This article will examine some of the companies' most common lessons from their own experiences.
Create better passwords
It's easier to share and write down your password than remember, so don't do that. Instead, make each account's password unique and strong enough that if someone could guess one of your passwords, they'd have a hard time cracking the rest. To ensure you're doing this right, use different passwords for each site or service—even if those sites are from the same company or website (like Google Docs and Gmail).
Keep systems and software updated
Updating software is a good idea for security, performance, and efficiency. The more recent the version of your operating system and applications, the more protected they will be from vulnerabilities that hackers can use to attack them (and thus you).
Learn to adapt
In this world of rapid technological change, there are many things you need to learn to adapt. New technology is constantly developing, and your business will suffer if you don't adapt.
By learning how new technologies work (and why they work), you can understand what threats exist and find solutions for those threats before they become problems.
Layer up with multi-factor authentication
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is a security measure requiring two or more identification forms before you can access your account. It is one of the most effective methods to protect your data and prevent hackers from accessing it.
Invest in anti-virus software
- Use it: As with any other technology, your best defense against cyber threats is to use the appropriate tools and products.
- Make sure it's up to date: It's also essential to update your anti-virus software regularly so that it doesn't become obsolete before you need it.
Navigating the cyber security industry can be a challenge. Without any prior experience, it's often hard to know what you're getting yourself into. But once you get your bearings, you may find that it offers plenty of opportunities for those who think they want to work in the field—and plenty of reasons to think twice if they're not sure.
Discover a career in cybersecurity with Imarticus Learning
Cybersecurity certification online courses provide students with the most effective learning opportunities. Students who complete this cyber security certification course will get prepared for jobs as Penetration Testers, Cyber Security experts, Cybersecurity Analysts, Incident Handlers, and members of SOC Teams.
Course Benefits For Learners:
- This cyber security analyst course teaches students ethical hacking, penetration testing, and real-world scenarios.
- Instructors will also teach students how to deal with challenges and put them through rigorous SOC team training.
- This cyber security training with a job guarantee will cover the principles of security practices, techniques, tools, and tactics.
Contact us through chat support, or drive to one of our training centers in Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Chennai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurgaon, or Ahmedabad.