Financial services have experienced a major paradigm shift due to the introduction of fintech. Digital banks are replacing traditional ways of accessing financial services. The current fintech market in India is more than 1,900 billion and will grow with an impressive CAGR in the coming years.
There are a lot of job opportunities in the fintech sector and you can build a successful career in fintech by choosing the right career path. Read on to know more about the transitions required to become a fintech expert.
Get the Right Education
A bachelor’s degree in mathematics or computer is the best to get into the fintech industry. Many fintech aspirants also have degrees in business, accounting, economics, etc. Getting a degree will not teach you about the working of the fintech industry but it will help you in developing an analytical & statistical mind.
Many fintech aspirants also prefer to get a master’s degree for opting for senior job roles in the fintech industry. One should also try to be updated with the modern-day technologies used in the fintech industry. AI (Artificial Intelligence), ML (Machine Learning), deep learning, etc. are used widely to improve fintech solutions.
A technical degree with Fintech Course as a specialization will also help you in getting into the fintech industry. Along with getting a degree, you can also opt for internships, sponsored/individual projects, workshops, etc. in fintech for boosting your knowledge.
You can target any particular job role in the fintech industry based on your skillset. There are many types of job roles in the fintech industry like a compliance expert, cybersecurity expert, data scientist, financial analyst, etc.
Acquire Necessary Skills
You will require several technical & non-technical skills to become a fintech expert which is as follows:
- You should have good problem-solving skills to create better ways of providing financial services to people with the aid of technology.
- You should have good analytical skills to draw conclusions and to analyze various solutions.
- Good programming skills are required to become a fintech expert. Programming languages like C#, C++, Java, Python, SQL, etc. are widely used in the fintech industry. You should also be aware of the databases used in the fintech industry.
- You also should have good financial skills to become an expert. You should be able to read & analyze financial statements & reports for creating better financial services.
- You should know about the applications/tools used in the fintech industry know about the practices involved in the fintech industry. You should also be familiar with the latest technologies like AI, blockchain, etc. used in the fintech industry.
- You will also have to possess some soft skills like collaborative skills, communication skills, adaptability, etc. to thrive in the fintech sector.
Get the Right Certification Course
Besides getting a degree in the related field, you will need to get a certification in fintech from a reliable source to know about the working methodology of the fintech sector. Imarticus Learning is a reliable source that provides you an online Professional Certification in FinTech course. This course by Imarticus Learning is associated with the SP Jain School of Global Management. You will get to learn via an industry-first approach and will get to study real-life case studies.
This course touches on many aspects/processes involved in the fintech industry like payments & lending, API, RPA (Robotic Process Automation), cryptocurrency management, blockchain, etc. You can choose from the Core Modules (for broad coverage) & PRO Modules (for in-depth coverage) of the aforementioned course.
Imarticus also provides several other courses like Pro Degree in Financial Analysis & PG Program in Finance and Accounts to know more about the financial services/industry. The Project: Paradigm Shift provided by the fintech course will help you in creating/transforming business ideas.
Personal capabilities are the main factor for upskilling in any industry. You will only end up working smartly if you follow the right career path. You will get to work on various projects by opting for the fintech course provided by Imarticus Learning.
It provides an excellent practical environment to implement the things learned in the course. Expert faculties which are associated with reputed firms/institutions will be teaching you if you opt for Imarticus courses. Start your fintech course now!