Is pursuing a supply chain management career on your mind? Logistics and supply chain management courses can help
A business is all about satisfying its customers with superior services and to do that the company needs a fluent supply chain network that works effectively. A well-managed supply chain is implemented for making the connection between the company and the supplier so efficient that it does not affect customer satisfaction. In simple language, a supply chain is for delivering the right service to the right person at the right time.
Companies are always in high need of supply chain analysts and this indicates the urgency of the supply chain management course. You can also build a supply chain management career with Imarticus which has come up with their Professional Certification in Supply Chain Management Course. If you have no idea where to start, then this article can be the first step in the process of knowing the supply chain industry more intricately.
Supply chain: Overview
A supply chain is a process that goes through multiple steps including the sourcing of raw materials, producing the product, and delivering the outcome to the users. It is a multiple-layered system that records all the details like activities done in each of the steps, information that is used, human resources that have been devised, and also the details of the natural resources that have been turned into useful components.
Why does a company need to understand a supply chain?
Indeed, this is an intricate process, but there must be some reason why companies need to understand the supply chain. The first reason is that it helps to reduce the company’s overall cost by analyzing all the steps of the supply chain. Any malfunction in one step can harm the overall chain and lead to cost more to the company.
The other reason is that it helps to develop a strategic plan. A supply chain includes multiple steps and each of the steps belongs to a different industry, like raw material extraction, manufacturing the product, delivering the product, and so on. It helps the company to get ideas about these industries they may plan to enter in the upcoming future. So it is understandable why companies need expert supply chain analysts to grow their business.
Career options in the supply chain industry
If you want to take up a supply chain management career then here are some options that you can match your expertise with.
- Chief supply chain manager: A chief supply chain manager needs to possess an intricate understanding of the business he is involved with and also should have leadership skills.
- Supply chain manager: A supply chain manager is appointed to look after the entire supply chain operation and report it to the senior managers.
- Purchasing manager: The purchasing manager’s role involves the duties like, managing a strategic purchasing process, evaluating pricing trends, looking after the relationship between the vendor and supplier, and many more.
- Logistics manager: The responsibilities that a logistic manager has to perform are enhancing the product workflow, and negotiating the costs of suppliers, shippers, and distributors.
- Production manager: A production manager tracks the production process and makes sure that it does not exceed the budget and stipulated time limit.
Many other options are going to come in the future because the supply chain industry is reportedly growing and to match the industry requirements, a supply chain management course can be the most effective thing.
With Imarticus Logistic management course you can get the opportunity to learn industry-related skills from the top IIT faculties. The curriculum is designed to help you get relevant skills, proper certification, monitoring, and the other facilities that are needed to become an industry specialist.