Your decision to take up a career in new-age banking is laudable. Some of the obvious plus points of doing a new age banking course and making a career in banking are:
- Job security and working in MNC environments.
- Super salary packages topped with great benefits
- Undying scope for job opportunities even after retirement.
- Wide variety of jobs experiences and roles.
- Banking industry jobs are prestigious and have a thriving ecosystem.
- You can avail New Age Banking Training to help you qualify at the competitive job tests and interviews.
- Your ambitions are never limited and career progression is also great.
- Community service goals and continued learning opportunities are satisfying and enriching.
- Fixed working hours and a great environment to work in.
- Certifications gained to add to your resume and knowledge endorsing your skill levels.
The variety of sectors on offer:
Traditionally the roles were related to customer-service and teller areas in banks. Today many key areas need personnel who can multi-task in new-age banks. Here are some of the opportunity areas in current new-age banking.
- Personalized Consumer Banking division roles deal with customized services and financial advice to priority individual HNI customers.
- IT, systems and security cover areas that aid the banking operation, accumulate technology, data, and records, store them safely, and maintain the safety of the entire banking environment and assets.
- Commercial Banking roles have clients like organizations, schools, businesses, churches, etc to cater to customized banking financial solutions.
- Investment and Trust Banking help with investments, issuances, property and fund management for both individual and institutional clients.
- Accounting and administration roles handle policies, routine due-diligence, strategy and planning, internal operations and such tasks.
- Regulatory and Accounting and administration roles handle policies, routine due-diligence, strategy and planning, internal operations and such tasks.
- HR and PR Resources are the bloodlines and while HR is employee management related the PRO is client-facing and strives to improve customer experience and feedback.
- Operations roles deal with the everyday handling of banking operations from bookkeeping, record keeping, financial analysis, strategy meetings, client presentations, etc.
- Marketing is an important role and helps win the new customers into the fold with bank’s product information, managing the customer database, advertising, media, and press releases and much more.
What is new-age banking?
New-age banking challenges hence involve upgrading traditional banking business to cutting-edge services offering services in the following three areas of online lending, banking services, and Forex transactions.
Take the case of IndusInd Bank. Their loans are now pre-approved and the ETB users log into the portal and get instant loans after meeting the online eligibility criteria. Besides, they have ramped up the loans on consumer durables, securitized loans, and more digitizing those long and time-consuming loan processes into paper-less, pre-approved, seamlessly online instant transactions.
Transactions in FOREX:
This trending market also covers travel cards that are multi-currency, currency exchange at market rates and delivery of local currency at kiosks or the airport for foreign travelers. The easy on-boarding and reloading, blockchain-based security, direct product deliveries against cash-on-receipt; easy conversions of FOREX, etc are some of the USPs.
Personalized Banking Services:
Customization of banking services through requests has made visiting the bank and queues obsolete. Almost all banks have portals for account management, and payment platforms like BHIM and QR scans like PayTM have meant digitization and cashless transactions leading to higher C-SAT ratings.
Skills for a new-age banker:
To become bankable as a new-age banker be prepared to undertake new-age banking training and work hard in the new age banking course on the following attributes. You will need to have a sound academic record and at least a graduation degree. You will need :
- Strong manipulative skills in Excel VB Macros and such financial software.
- Excellent forecasting, predictive and analytical skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Sound conceptual foundations in subject-expertise are very desirable.
- Fluency in English communication.
The total payouts in new-age banking roles are performance and bonuses oriented and are extremely well-paying in comparison to other jobs.
Bank jobs are open to all persons. If you are a graduate and have the necessary attributes and persona for a banking job, do a new-age course in banking at Imarticus Learning. Doing the new age banking training course helps you earn a global measurable certification which validates your skills and knowledge and is acceptable as real-life experience of the new-age banking procedures and experience requirements preferred by most employers. The course helps prepare you with a good curriculum, practical experience, assured job placements and help in cracking the interviews. Hurry! Admissions are limited in every batch.