How To Master Kali Linux For Cyber Security
The 21st century can very rightly be compared to a digital book. Almost everything that is done today leaves some digital presence or footprints. More often than not, this often includes the user's personal data. These digital footprints often make it very easy for cyber criminals to steal and then misuse the data.
They do this by either selling it to third parties elsewhere for a sum of money or worse. This is where cyber security comes in. Cyber security refers to the combination of principles, software applications, and system-based actions that contribute to people's digital and otherwise safety and digital devices such as laptops, personal computers, mobile phones, etc.
In this regard, one software that is making a difference is Kali Linux. So, read on to learn more about this OS, its advantages, and how it is making a difference in cyber security training.
What is Kali Linux?
Essentially, it is a software application that the Linux Foundation designed based on an operating system they made, known as Debian. The codes of Kali Linux have primarily rewritten codes of an application called BackTrack. This application mainly dealt with the forensic security of the systems.
The reasons why Kali Linux is such an important application in cyber security, necessitating the requirement for an ethical hacking course are: -
- It is an open-source software application that is legal.
- The software can function on minimum or basic requirements.
- It leaves no traces of its usage.
- The software has a lot of features.
How Can Learning Kali Linux Enhance Cyber Security?
Learning Kali Linux can teach you to use a variety of tools to carry out functions like –
- Recon or observe the system or systems of the intended target to gather information about the system’s habits or behaviors, with the help of tools like DNSRecon, and Nmap.
- Vulnerability Scanning refers to looking for loopholes or Achilles Heels in the intended target, usually the system of the organization of the tester by using tools like Cisco-auditing-tool and WebSploit.
- Break into the target system with the help of tools like John the Ripper, Metasploit Framework, etc.
- Remain undetected in the target’s system to either take further information for the same or just cause havoc in the system with the help of tools like dns2cp and Powersploit.
- Erase proof of your infiltration with the help of tools like Smbexec and Meterpreter.
The knowledge of how to go about the above processes is something that you can learn with the help of cyber security training courses. It will teach you to utilize the knowledge gained to keep your system safe.
Now, courses in cyber security usually cover the following modules –
- Malware Analysis
- Cyber Engineering
- Host and Network Security
- Digital Forensics Principles
Now, anybody can learn cyber security, even if they are laymen, and be eligible for a career in cyber security. The courses offered like that of Imarticus Learning will make them eligible for a profession as a cyber security expert if they wish to become one. Otherwise, it will help them efficiently protect their data with the help of a software application called Kali Linux.
Therefore, a cybersecurity course helps you to comprehend the advantage of maintaining system security and how to deal with any breach. Nonetheless, knowing how to use Kali Linux to your advantage will also add up to your portfolio, helping you open more avenues in this field.
Moreover, a person with knowledge of cyber security can become a security administrator, network security analyst, security architect, etc., which will help them look after the systems of other organizations.