Cybersecurity is the discipline of limiting cyber risk by securing the complete IT infrastructure, which includes platforms, apps, hardware, firmware, and data, as well as the networks that connect them. Information security, often known as data security, is a critical component of cybersecurity, and it comprises maintaining the privacy, safety, and accessibility of sensitive information.
Cybersecurity makes use of an ever-increasing variety of technologies, strategies, and resources that may assist companies and people in increasing their cyber-resilience, which is defined as the capacity to avoid or resist detrimental security incidents of any kind. These adverse security events might include a cyberattack, a malfunction in an IT system component or application, human mistakes, and so on.
Attack vectors are used by black hat hackers to gain unauthorized access to an organization's or an individual's information technology environment, with the potential to cause significant damage to the victim through stolen information, shutdowns, identity fraud, reputational damage, and other means.
Steps to learn Cybersecurity
To pave your path to becoming a certified cybersecurity professional, you must achieve certain milestones before you apply for certification courses in cybersecurity. A few of them are mentioned below:
- Proficiency in one Programming Language: Most cybersecurity programs are written in Python nowadays. Additionally, proficiency in languages such as C/C++, Java might be of use.
- Network Security: Security of networks and related devices is a subset of cybersecurity that lies under the wider canopy of cybersecurity and refers to the activity of preventing unauthorized individuals from accessing computer systems and their connected devices regularly. Networking security comprises Firewalls, Access Control, Network Segmentation, Remote Virtual Private Networks, Email Security, etc.
- Database Security: Database security refers to a set of procedures and technologies that are used to protect database management systems against hostile cyber-attacks and unauthorized access. Programs that safeguard databases against abuse, damage, and infiltration are meant to secure not just the information contained inside the databases, but any application that utilizes it.
- Cryptography: Cryptography constitutes secure data encryption, as well as decryption of sensitive information for the benefit of authorized individuals. By using cryptography, you can assure that only the people who are supposed to have access to particular data will be able to view it.
Certifications in Cybersecurity
After one has been well-versed with the subjects mentioned above for certification courses for cyber security, he or she can opt for the certifications mentioned below:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) by EC-Council
- CompTIA Security+ by Computing Technology Industry Association
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Why this course?
Candidates will be immersed in penetration testing and ethical hacking via intensive lab sessions based on real-world circumstances. Candidates will also learn incident management and become SOC team experts. Candidates will also learn about network, cloud, and application security.
The program is designed to help candidates prepare for a range of security certification assessments, from beginning to advanced. Imarticus has partnered with EC-Council to assist students to prepare for the Certified Ethical Hacker test. Imarticus' career services team will help individuals prepare for placements via resume preparation, interviewing workshops, and mock interviews. The program offers guaranteed placement, which assures students will get interviews after the completion of this course.
Since 2012, Imarticus Learning has helped over 35,000 people advance their careers by providing them with the opportunity to learn in-demand skills via an 'Industrial Training' model. Imarticus’ Cybersecurity Course is the optimal certificate course in ethical hacking and cyber security that you would want to choose to excel in your career as a Cybersecurity Professional.