How Can You Shift To Corporate Banking After Having Experience Working In Retail Banking?
Your decision to take up a banking course after graduation will stand you in good stead after being in retail banking. Corporate banking is a great career choice. Corporate Banking which is an area many career aspirants would love to join surprisingly has very few good certification courses.
Recently FLIP introduced a specific Corporate Banking certification course which is apparently popular among B-school aspirants. This course covers non-funded and funded products while taking you through all corporate banking important work areas. It is an apt course for SME and corporate banking career aspirants and is also used for employee training by leading NBFCs and banks.
The pay packages, bonuses, and career progression when you make a career in any field of banking like Corporate Banking are not just lucrative and prestigious. They are performance and certification related enabling continuous learning and very satisfying job roles.
According to Glassdoor salaries, the Manager in Corporate Banking at YES bank draws a salary in the range of 1,205 to 1,716K per annum in India. In the US the corporate banker aka Personal banker at Bank of America draws an average of USD 43,330 per annum. These salaries are post based and depend on the bank you join.
Most say a banking course after graduation offers some great pluses like
- Job security and working in MNC environments.
- Super salary packages topped with great benefits
- Jobs for retired bankers and career-changers within the banking areas are never a problem.
- Wide variety of jobs experiences and roles.
- Banking industry jobs are prestigious and have a thriving ecosystem.
- To update knowledge of latest banking trends and practices training can help. They also help with certifications and interview skills.
- Excellent career progression and scope for banking jobs makes this career choice great.
- Community service goals and continued learning opportunities are satisfying and enriching.
- The working hours are good and the environment conducive to career-progression.
- Certifications gained will add to your resume and knowledge endorsing your skill levels.
To become career-prepared you need to undertake a course in corporate banking. An academic bachelor’s degree would be essential and experience in banking practices definitely help. Fluency in English communication and excellent skills in presentations using Microsoft Excel Macros and financial software is critical to presenting a report of insights that help decision-making based on predictive analysis foresight and data analytical skills. Yes, conceptual knowledge and expertise in the domain enable you to stand out in this prestigious job.
Why banking jobs are so popular:
In comparison to investment banking, corporate banking dealing with corporate has relatively fixed working hours, fewer deals, large-deal amounts and offers a broader job-scope. New-age banks have evolved which are needs and market-based. Traditionally the roles were related to customer-service and teller areas in banks. This means multi-tasking banking professionals are in high demand. Today rather than specific roles in corporate banking, an aspirant can also take up any of the trending opportunities in new-age banking like
The banking course after graduation syllabus covers topics like
- Understanding products, solutions, corporate client requirements and the matching of these parameters.
- RAROC adjustments of risk, wallet sizes, Matrix for product penetration, and relationship management.
- Credit note memos, analysis, and presentations to the management.
- Client credit-profile analysis and assessment through quantitative and qualitative techniques.
- Corporate banking products, Treasury products, and both non-funded and funded products.
In retail banking aka consumer banking, the focus is on the individual consumers or mass-market large commercial banks offering services through their local offices. Some examples of such banks are Citibank, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo and Bank of America.
Increasingly the trend is to go in for new-age banking with a gamut of services and products that are consumer-need and profitability-based one-stop banking solutions providers with services like retirement planning, private banking, brokerage accounts, corporate banking, wealth management, and even third-party services being included. Hence a wide-scope new age banking certification is best undertaken at a reputed institute like Imarticus Learning.
The pay packages, bonuses, and career progression when you make in corporate banking are not just lucrative and prestigious. They are performance and certification related enabling continuous learning and very satisfying job roles. Hurry to Imarticus Learning today!
For more details in brief and for further career counselling, you can also contact us through the Live Chat Support system or can even visit one of our training centers based in - Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi and Gurgaon.