Let us first understand what Agile methodology is all about. Under Agile methodologies, the software is developed in an escalating, incremental manner through rapid cycles. The process focuses on adaptability and customer satisfaction of the software product. Each cycle of software building is better and incremental than the previous one, and thus the cycle continues.
There are various reasons why Agile methodology has gained worldwide fame, appreciation, and popularity.
(a)One of them being that Agile is used to prevent large projects from failing, it had a prime focus on business profitability and delivering software as opposed to documentation.
(b)It is user-friendly and treats the user/consumer in a friendly way rather than a machine-centric manner.
There are certain strong strategies that Agile has adapted to have become this popular and widely acclaimed. They are as follows:
1. It shares the common value and goal of fixing large scale projects
2. It is user/customer/human centric rather than being machine-centric. This has positively impacted the productivity of Agile users and shown proven efficiency in business successes.
3. Inclusive/collaborative approach – The agile methodology has a very inclusive feature that supports the entire Agile team and promotes collaborative efforts of the team through its built-in flexibility.
4. Some Agile methodologies are very popular and user-friendly. These include Extreme Programming (XP), SCRUM, Features Driven Development (FDD) and Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM)
5. Agile methodology helps you perform quicker and can also be developed at a good pace.
There many Agile methodology courses and certifications that you can sign up for. You can start with basics, and if you have previous exposure to the software development and its aspects such as coding, testing, and other software skills, it helps you gain Agile knowledge much more efficiently. From mastering an adaptive approach to product development, the courses are streamlined for your needs/requirements.
What You Will Gain From An Agile Certification Course?
1. You will gain the knowledge base, skills, tools and techniques involved in Agile methodologies and will be able to understand, apply and implement the principles of Agile.
2. You will also learn to smoothly coordinate Agile development processes including managing your respective teams, bringing about a social culture of experimentation, and running sprints.
3. In the final project completion stage, you should be able to apply, everything that you have learnt to a real-world hands-on practical project and demonstrate your skills and abilities.
4. Flexible schedules to learn the course in case you are already a working professional. Many education platforms offer online certification courses and you can time these according to your convenience.
The job opportunities you will encounter are many to pick from. You can become an Agile Scrum Master, Technical project manager, Technology manager, Scrum Master consultant, Project leader, Senior Agile transformer, and Agile coach/tutor/mentor/guide and give lessons and coach many more hundreds of people, Product Owner handling the business operations too, and/or software development manager, among other opportunities. The Agile Scrum certification promises you a great career with a heavy income. A career with a business analyst certification India is also possible using these skills and knowledge base.