Many young individuals choose the finance industry for their careers. The finance industry has been growing continuously over the past decades. A financial analyst is one of the best jobs in the finance sector.
Financial analysts need not stick with traditional banks as they can work in a range of industries. The future is bright for financial analysts due to the increasing focus on data analysis. Read on to know more about the financial analyst job description and how to learn job-relevant skills.
Financial analyst: definition
A financial analyst is someone who aggregates and analyses financial data for their organization. Financial analysts interpret the aggregated data for insights that could boost business continuity. A financial analyst is also responsible for preparing financial reports and models for business owners or investors. Financial analysts have excellent numerology skills and can understand financial statements. Financial analysts usually come from accounting or finance academic backgrounds.
Job roles of a financial analyst
A financial analyst is not only concerned with analyzing financial data. Besides analyzing data, there are many responsibilities for a financial analyst. The Financial analyst job description in detail is as follows:
- Financial analysts are responsible for monitoring the financial health of an organization. Budgeting and planning of business strategies are also supported by financial analysts. The actual financial standing and the forecasted financial performance are compared by analysts.
- Before indulging in a corporate deal, financial analysts perform due diligence for their organization. Due diligence helps financial organizations in signing better corporate deals.
- Financial analysts help in cash management, liquidity planning, foreign currency settlement, etc. Financial organizations also depend on analysts for identifying better investment opportunities.
- Financial analysts work closely with the accounting department for creating financial reports. A financial report can depict the company's finances accurately.
- Financial trends are identified by analysts that could boost business growth. If any financial risk is observed, financial analysts help in eliminating it.
- Portfolio management, corporate development, transaction advisory, equity research, and financial valuation are some of the services provided by financial analysts.
How to learn job-relevant skills for becoming a financial analyst?
Educational institutions offer complete courses related to the finance sector. There are not many institutional courses that focus specifically on financial analysis. It is why Imarticus Learning has bought a financial analysis ProDegree course for finance enthusiasts.
Online training is more apt according to the current times of the COVID pandemic. You will learn from reputed faculty and will understand the tools/technologies used by financial analysts. A financial analyst certification will increase your chances of getting hired. Even if you have completed your bachelor’s in finance, a financial analyst certification course will add more value to your resume.
Pros of the financial analysis course
It is one of the chartered financial analyst courses that teach job-relevant skills. We at Imarticus offer the financial analysis course in partnership with KPMG, a premier professional services organization. The pros of the financial analysis course are as follows:
- From resume-building to mock interviews, we will do our best to provide placement support to finance enthusiasts. The career transition rate of the financial analysis course is high.
- You can set yourself apart from other individuals by completing a chartered financial analyst course. By gaining industry certification, you might become a financial analyst at a reputed organization.
- The financial analysis course offers several case studies and hands-on projects that make learning easy and fun. Your entire journey throughout the financial analysis will be closely monitored by expert individuals.
- With a KPMG-endorsed curriculum, you will learn common practices in the finance industry. You will also get a chance to know about the tools and technologies used by financial analysts in the industry.