The economic landscape is changing every decade, and betting on the future is no exception. According to the World Economic Forum, by 2025, machines will replace 80 million jobs, while the IT sector will add about 100 million new jobs that require these new skill sets. On the other hand, financial services companies will have to deal with different types of regulations. This industry will also encourage women to join in running their companies, as leadership roles are open to all genders.
Table of Contents
What are financial services?
Financial services are a broad range of business activities that manage money, including banking, investments, insurance, mortgages, and payment processing. These services help individuals and organizations manage their finances and plan for the future.
Financial services refer to the services provided by the finance industry, which deal with managing money.
Some examples of financial services are:
- Banking - Deposits, withdrawals, loans, money transfers, and other banking services
- Investments - Stock trading, mutual funds, retirement accounts, and portfolio management
- Insurance - Life, health, property, and casualty insurance
- Mortgages - Home loans for purchasing or refinancing a property
- Payment processing - Credit card processing, electronic bill payment, and mobile wallet services
- Wealth management - Financial planning, tax planning, and estate planning services
- Capital market services - Trading in securities, underwriting, and investment banking services.
These services help individuals and organizations manage their financial resources and plan for the future.
To help you understand the present and future financial plans, we will explain the key trends in business and predict what will happen regarding financial knowledge, technology, and regulations.
Here are some key trends in business:
- Digital transformation: This refers to integrating digital technology into all areas of a business, transforming how it operates and delivers value to customers. This trend gets accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic, which has forced many businesses to shift to remote and digital operations. Companies are now adopting digital technologies to improve efficiency, automate processes, and enhance customer experiences.
- Remote work: The COVID-19 pandemic has led to a widespread shift to remote work, with many companies implementing remote work policies temporarily. This trend will likely continue, with many companies exploring ways to make remote work a permanent option. Remote work can increase employee flexibility and productivity, reduce overhead costs, and improve work-life balance.
- Sustainability: Companies are becoming increasingly aware of their operations' impact on the environment and society and taking steps to lessen their carbon footprint and promote sustainability. This includes implementing environmentally-friendly business practices, reducing waste and emissions, and using renewable energy sources. Companies also use sustainability as a competitive advantage by marketing eco-friendly products and services.
- Data-driven decision-making: The availability of large data and the increasing use of advanced analytics tools transform businesses' decisions. Companies use data to inform their strategies, improve operational efficiency, and make better decisions. This includes using data to identify trends, predict customer behavior, and optimize supply chain management.
- Artificial Intelligence: AI is becoming more prevalent across various industries, with companies using machine learning and deep learning algorithms to automate tasks, make better decisions, and improve customer experiences. AI automates routine tasks, improves supply chain management, and analyzes vast amounts of real-time data.
- Cybersecurity: As technology advances, cybersecurity remains a primary concern for businesses. Companies must protect against cyber threats, including data breaches, cyberattacks, and malicious software, to safeguard their operations and protect sensitive information. Companies are investing in cybersecurity technologies, such as encryption, firewalls, and biometric authentication, to improve their security posture and reduce their risk of cybercrime.
Learn Advanced management program in financial services with Imarticus Learning
As part of our IIM Lucknow finance courses, students will learn about careers in investment banking, capital markets, risk management, and fintech. This demanding six-month program was created at IIM Lucknow by the top business school in the world.
With the help of a cutting-edge curriculum, you will learn the fundamentals of corporate finance, risk management, compliance, fintech, capital markets, valuation, and equity research in our advanced management program.
The Financial risk management course is available for mid-level professionals who already have a foundational understanding of finance and want to advance their careers. Additionally, it will allow you to pick up crucial knowledge and skills and open doors for restarting your financial career.
Course Benefits For Learners:
- Students can network with peers and business professionals through this financial management course.
- Key concepts like investment banking, capital markets, risk, and fintech will get understood by the students.
- The Diploma in finance management can teach learners about financial services and capital markets.