Can a financial analyst course make you a better finance professional?
A Financial Analyst guides companies, organizations, and individuals on all matters relating to finance. All business investment decisions are facilitated by analysing economic and business trends and the company’s financial strategy.
Finance Analysts work in banks and investment firms and also for general corporations. You need a grounding in finance, economics, accounting, and statistics as a start to pursuing a career as a financial analyst. Get a Financial analyst pro degree from Imarticus learning Pvt Ltd to give a boost to your career as a Financial Analyst.
What is the main function of a financial analyst?
A financial analyst normally works with financial data and manipulates it to show the underlying trends, whether seasonal or otherwise, calculates inter-firm and intra-firm ratios for understanding the company’s financial position, and analyses the industry or the sector where the company is working.
- A financial analyst builds financial models and does sensitivity and scenario analysis with conservative and aggressive assumptions.
- Analyses economic and business trends to provide information on which business decisions are based.
- Help in the development of budgets and long-term forecasts for the organisation.
- Conduct project appraisals and apply discounting techniques to evaluate the project viability.
- Analyse equity securities and provide buy, sell and hold recommendations.
There may be jobs where you can work as a buy-side analyst or sell-side analyst. Job openings will be available with banks, insurance companies, mutual funds, and independent money managers.
- If you attain enough experience and seniority, you can work as a portfolio manager, investment manager, or fund manager at a mutual fund house.
Educational qualifications required to be a financial analyst
A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics, or Engineering: A basic degree in maths, economics, or commerce will provide the proper grounding to pursue higher education in financial analysis and asset management.
Post Graduate degree: An MBA in Finance and Investments can come in very helpful to create the groundwork for Asset and Portfolio Management.
Higher Certification in Financial Analysis: The Chartered Financial Analyst certification from The Association of Investment Management and Research (AIMR), Virginia, is the ultimate academic achievement in Portfolio Analysis and Investment Management. It is a rigorous 3-year course. To help you prepare for this course and a career in Financial Analysis and Portfolio Management, financial analyst courses are offered at Imarticus Learning Pvt Ltd. They offer a Financial Analysis Prodegree, which offers valuable help in kick-starting your career as a Financial Analyst.
What are the skillsets that a Financial Analyst is expected to have?
- Financial software knowledge
- Budget management training
- Financial reporting skills
- Research skills
- Accounting knowledge
- Analytical ability
- Financial literacy
- Data analysis
- Corporate finance knowledge
- Critical thinking
Table of Contents
Plan your future as a Financial Analyst
- As mentioned above, becoming a Financial Analyst is based on the right combination of education, certification, and experience. Plan all the various steps to ensure adequate preparation for your career.
- Take the right course. Sharpen your investment analysis and data analysis skill sets. The Financial Analysis Prodegree will hone your skills in data analysis, financial literacy, and proficiency. Imarticus Learning’s Financial Analyst training courses offer the right curriculum and mentorship to jumpstart your career.
- Look for banking, mutual fund, and financial services internship opportunities.
You will gain practical experience, valuable insights, investment knowledge, and networking opportunities which will be extremely helpful in getting a job. Additional professional qualifications and internship experience will boost your profile.
- After the completion of your Financial Analyst course, you can look for entry-level openings in banks, mutual funds, and the financial services industry.
- Prepare for your interview. Your Financial Analyst course will be extremely helpful in your ability to analyse and answer questions posed by the interviewer.
Career Paths available for a Financial Analyst
- Financial Planning Manager in a large Corporation.
- Portfolio Manager for a mutual fund, investment companies, high net worth individuals, wealth management division of banks, and independent money managers.
- Rating Manager at a well-known credit rating agency. Analysis of credit ratings involves detailed financial analysis and business analysis of the company
- Risk Manager with a bank, financial institution, or a non-banking financial institution
- Fund Manager with a mutual fund. You guide the fund's overall objective and not only do financial analysis but also make investment decisions on behalf of the fund.
The future is very bright for Financial Analysts in India with the growth of equity investors investing either directly through the equity route or the mutual fund route. The growth of the Fintech sector also requires financial analysts to assist in their further development.
Learn Financial Analysis to develop a competitive edge in your career search. Learn state-of-art skills by doing a Financial Analyst training course available at Imarticus Learning Pvt Ltd.
You can contact Imarticus Learning Pvt limited through chat support or drive to our training centers in Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Chennai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurgaon, or Ahmedabad.