The world of analytics has now reached its foreground in the last decade. The use of information technology and the internet has increased rapidly, making business analytics relevant in this current age.
But the question arises: How can business analytics and intelligence help? How can data analytics and statistical integration help make management decisions and construct business strategies?
If you are wondering about doing an MBA in Fintech, keep reading this article to know the answers to the above questions in detail.
What is business intelligence and analytics?
Business intelligence and business analytics are umbrella terms that focus on the inclusion of different applications and tools alongside practices that cater to access and analyse crucial information from improvement and optimisation of business performances and decisions.
However, there is a slight difference between analytics and intelligence in terms of business. Even though it is an umbrella term, business analytics, and intelligence are differentiated in terms of event occurrence. Business analytics is likely to concentrate on prospects, whereas business intelligence concentrates more on past deeds.
Evolution of business analytics and intelligence
Business analytics has revolutionised over the past few decades. Because of its dynamic characteristics, automation, therefore, plays a major role in managing as well as performing multiple tasks for larger enterprises. Business analytics and intelligence have been uplifted in many ways. They are:
- The rise of the internet and technology has substantially helped business analytics to be boosted and further use data analytics much more efficiently.
- Business analytics tools can now utilise past and present data and provide the right directions for the business to thrive in the future.
- Nowadays, business analytics and intelligence are focusing and looking forward to an analytical way to conduct military operations.
Importance of business analytics and intelligence in management decisions and business strategy
Business analytics and business intelligence in making management decisions and coining business strategies are extremely pivotal. Here are some ways one can understand the importance of business analytics and intelligence in detail. They are:
- Business analytics and business intelligence help in making a comprehensive decision by the inclusion of all commercial prospects.
- Business analytics impacts the overall functionality of an organisation.
- Business analytics is pivotal for understanding the profitability of an organisation.
- Business analytics and intelligence help to increase market share and revenue which would give shareholders a better return.
- Business analytics and intelligence help in understanding the available primary and secondary data with ease. This thereby affects the operational efficiency of different departments.
- Business analytics and intelligence help companies to have a competitive edge in the global market.
- Business analytics helps in combining the data available with various thought models to make concrete business decisions.
- Business intelligence and analytics facilitate providing valuable information which can be produced in any format. This would cater to being comfortable according to the needs of the decision maker.
Benefits of business analytics and intelligence
Business analytics and intelligence are embedded with various benefits. They all are different, but have one thing in common: they bring power. Business intelligence and analytics always aim to bring the power of knowledge which transforms the organisation into an agile network that conducts business deeply. There are other benefits to this. They are:
- Making informed strategic decisions.
- To identify various trends and patterns.
- Drive optimal performance with revenue.
- Improve the overall operational efficiency.
- Finds various improvement opportunities to implement in the business through various data analytics predictions.
- Provides smart and fast reporting.
Types of business analytics and intelligence techniques
Business analytics and intelligence incorporate several kinds of techniques. They are segmented in four ways:
Descriptive Analytics: The technique comprehensively describes the present as well as the past situation of the organisational activities. This describes and passes predicaments for future perspectives.
Diagnostic Analytics: As the name suggests, it primarily deals with diagnosing the problems and discovering the factors for past performances. It passes predicaments according to the diagnosis.
Predictive Analytics: In this case, the technique primarily recommends using specific solutions and driving toward growth. This system might contain certain drawbacks but it is termed to be effective in many cases.
Prescriptive Analytics: In this case, the technique primarily recommends using specific solutions for businesses to increase growth. This is the most common business intelligence and analytics technique that keeps a stable workforce.
Business analytics and business intelligence play an important role in the overall aspect of upholding a business. This not only helps to run a seamless management system but also conclusively helps in strategising different angles of the business.
If you are looking to do an MBA in Fintech or thinking of learning Fintech with banking and finance, then check out Imarticus Learning's MBA in Fintech with Geeta University. It is a 2-year professional course that would help you to land jobs in Genpact, Accenture, IBM, Infosys, Capgemini, and so on. If you focus on learning about Fintech with Banking and finance, then this course is the best choice for you.
For more details, check out the website right away!