An epic supply chain management course by IIT Roorkee
It is true that in the modern world, the term "supply chain management" (SCM) has become quite popular. In fact, many leading organizations are now implementing SCM programs in an effort to improve their overall efficiency and competitiveness. However, despite its widespread use, there is still much confusion surrounding the concept of SCM. In order to clear up some of this confusion, it is helpful first to understand exactly what supply chain management(SCM) is and what it entails.
Table of Contents
What is supply chain management?
Simply put, supply chain management is the proactive and reactive management of material, information, and financial flows throughout the entire supply chain, from raw materials acquisition all the way to delivery of the final product to the customer. Importantly, supply chain management includes collaboration with channel partners, which can be suppliers, intermediaries, third-party service providers, and customers.
It should be noted that the term "supply chain" does not refer solely to the physical movement of goods; rather, it encompasses all aspects of a company's operations that are involved in offering products or services to its customers.
What it entails?
The goal of SCM is to optimize the overall performance of the supply chain in order to achieve the ideal outcome in terms of cost, service, and quality. In order to accomplish this, SCM programs typically involve using various tools and techniques, such as inventory management, transportation management, and supplier relationship management.
Inventory management is a key component of SCM programs, as it helps manage that the right amount of inventory is available at all times to meet customer demand. Transportation management is another important aspect of SCM, as it helps to ensure that goods are shipped efficiently and safely from one location to another. Lastly, supplier relationship management is paramount to the success of any SCM program, as it helps to ensure that supplier performance meets the company's standards.
How to learn SCM?
There are numerous ways that individuals can learn about supply chain management. One option is to take an online course, and in my view, there is no better course than IIT Roorkee's online SCM course. Here I am explaining some of the key features of this course:
- Epic content: The course is loaded with industry-specific examples, case studies, and real-world applications that make the concepts easy to remember.
- Expert instructors: You will be taught by IIT Roorkee faculty who are leaders in their respective fields and have a wealth of experience in SCM.
- Self-paced learning: The online format allows you to learn at your own pace and review material as often as you need.
Whether you are looking to gain a clear understanding of SCM or want to build a career in SCM, IIT Roorkee's online SCM course is the perfect solution.
Explore a Career in supply chain management with Imarticus Learning.
This supply chain management course by IIT Roorkee is designed to provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge required to excel in this field.
Course Benefits For Learners:
- Prepare yourself to contribute to the future creation of more tactical and innovative global supply chains that will help you become a successful supply chain analyst.
- After completing the supply chain management online training, students can start preparing for in-demand careers in supply chain and as demand planners or data scientists!
- Python teaches students how to gather, analyze important data that will aid them in making better supply chain decisions.
Visit our training centers in Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Chennai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurgaon, or Ahmedabad, or get in touch via the chat support system.