The aspiration to become a successful certified management accountant may be high, but the way to achieve that feat is unclear among many hopefuls. As a result, it gives birth to speculations and rumours that are largely false. One common misconception here is that it is very hard to get this certification, but if you meet the required criteria and prepare diligently, you will become a certified professional in no time.
So, read on to learn more about this career option after graduation and how you can achieve it.
What are the academic eligibility criteria to begin a career in management accounting?
To become a certified management accountant, get a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university. That is one of the main requirements. Once you have done that, you are good to go.
After completing your Bachelor’s degree, you will need to enrol in the certified management accounting course. Either you can do it independently, or you can join Imarticus Learning which has partnered with IMA (Institute of Management Accountants) and Gleim to provide you with the best management accounting course in the country.
Through Imarticus, you will be taught about subjects including accounting, finance, general business and economics. You can even enrol for it before you earn your graduate degree, but it is sensible to complete the graduate course and earn the certification afterwards.
Pay to be an IMA member
Also, if you want to be eligible to get the certified management accountant certificate, you require active membership in IMA. As we have already mentioned, Imarticus Learning helps you with this registration. You need to choose among the following options for registration:
- IMA Academic Membership
- IMA Student Membership
- IMA Professional Membership
In this way, you can easily earn this certification while doing a degree or a job within a duration of 6 to 8 months.
Note: IMA also gives an annual fee discount, which is approximately a 15% discount on the rate of IMA membership. Kindly inquire about it with the institute’s management. You will also get multiple amenities that will aid you in studying, networking and earning the certification.
More details about the CMA program with Imarticus
After you have joined the CMA course with Imarticus Learning, you will be guided through the course by expert faculties and expert career councillors. Kindly check out the various steps of the CMA pathway:
- First, you will be enrolled in the course, asking you to pay 50% of the fee upfront. The rest of the fees will be charged after you clear the CMA certification exam.
- In the second step, you will be given access to the CMA Learning content, where you will be provided with the whole study material. The study material will consist of several modules.
- After that, you will have to join CMA Part 0, where you will be taught the basics of the course.
- Then you will be given a walkthrough of the course preview with the help of video classes.
- Post this step; you need to study CMA course preview books.
- After that, you need to join online classes with the esteemed CMA faculty of Imarticus Learning.
- Then you need to attend Live Practice Sessions with the faculty. You must constantly revise the course with videos, books and notes. You can also clear your doubts in online doubt-clearing sessions.
- After that, you need to register for the CMA exam. (Note: You will be given a discount on the exam fees also). After some time, you will have to appear for Part 1 and Part 2 of the exam.
After you have cleared the exam, you will join the pre-placement Bootcamp to prepare for job interviews. With the help of Imarticus Learning and the Certified Management Accounting Certificate course, you will begin your journey of becoming a CFO of a reputed company. Joining Imarticus is one of the easiest ways to have a career in management accounting.
Before we wrap up, we would also like to mention that CMAs are in high demand presently. That is because finding the right certified management accountants is extremely difficult. If you can clear the certificate exam, then you will have opportunities across industries to find suitable employment opportunities and meet the career goals you have always aspired to.