The popularity of Hadoop among big companies is growing immensely. The market of Hadoop has also witnessed the largest transition in recent years. This transition will have no downfall anytime soon. Hadoop allows companies to store data, make financial plans, track down information and formulate personalised recommendations.
You can learn Hadoop online to grab all the lucrative opportunities this field offers. An online course will help you change your career easily.
Table of Contents
What is Hadoop?
What are the four fundamental modules of Hadoop?
Hadoop consists of four fundamental modules. Let's learn more about these modules:
Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
HDFS generally uses low-end or standard hardware and is more efficient than traditional systems. It can store big data better than the traditional system. Besides, HDFS also has an outstanding fault-tolerating system.
The full form of Yarn is Yet Another Resource Negotiator. The main task of this is to regulate and supervise various clusters and nodes. It also organises tasks.
This is a framework designed to allow programs to compute big data in parallel. The Map Reduce framework converts the input data to evaluate it using the Key value pair.
Advantages of using Hadoop
Large companies are opting for Hadoop because of the various advantages it offers. It has escalated the revenue of many large companies. Here we have enlisted a few benefits of Hadoop:
Scalable: Hadoop can be upgraded at any point by adding more modules to its clusters.
Rapid: The traditional systems can not distribute data among clusters as fast as Hadoop can. Most of the data analysis tools of Hadoop are situated on the same servers. Therefore, the processing time is reduced significantly. Due to Hadoop, terabytes and petabytes of data can be processed within a few minutes and hours, respectively.
Economical: Hadoop is more economical than traditional systems as it is an open source and usually stores big data in commodity hardware.
Failure Resistant: Hadoop can resist data failure easily. It has a feature which enables it to copy and replicate data. This replicated data is used when any network collapses. Data in Hadoop can be copied thrice.
Various tools from Hadoop Ecosystem
The Hadoop ecosystem consists of various tools as well as applications. These tools are used to store, manage and analyse huge data. Here is a list of a few Hadoop tools:
- Spark- An open-source tool, it is mainly used for huge data loads. It also encompasses within itself batch processing, graph database, streaming analytics and Machine Learning.
- Hive- This tool assists the users in using Hadoop along with SQL. On a massive scale, Hive can enable and distribute data analytics. It can also work on the fault tolerance feature of Hadoop.
- HBase- This non-relational open source runs on Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS). HBase is a Hadoop tool that can be upgraded at any given point. Apart from that, it can circulate huge data among various in-built stores. It also has access to rows and columns in real-time.
- Presto- This is an open-source tool which supports the ANSI SQL. Presto also includes complicated inquiries as well as window functions. It can work on more than one data source that includes HDFS as well.
- Zeppelin- This tool is a type of notebook that permits interactive data.
What jobs are available as a Hadoop professional?
There is a huge demand for Hadoop professionals as more companies are adopting it. Therefore, companies are offering lucrative salaries so that individuals can change their career options to become Hadoop specialists. Here is a list of job roles of a Hadoop Professional:
- Hadoop Admin
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Software Engineer
- Big Data Architect
- Data Analyst
- Hadoop Developer
If you are wondering how to learn Hadoop, then enrol yourself on the online course by Imarticus Learning. This course is handled by professionals who arm you with the requisite knowledge and skills. The data analytics course will help you grasp the nitty-gritty of Hadoop and open doors for lucrative job opportunities.