4 most common digital marketing mistakes and how you should respond to them?
Table of Contents
Digital marketing is an excellent way of promoting not just your business overall. Still, a dedicated campaign can help promote a particular product/service/solution or even an activity that concerns the reputation of your business. A flawed digital marketing campaign can seriously dent the overall prospects of your business. So, you must avoid making common digital marketing mistakes and take measures to tackle them with the help of experts who have done online digital marketing certification courses.
Common Digital Marketing Mistakes
Lack of realistic goals and tracking
The most prominent digital marketing mistake you make is to have a goalless marketing campaign. Without goals, your digital marketing campaign will have no focus and set your business up for failure. Also, unrealistic goals won’t help you achieve them, no matter how well you implement digital marketing strategies. Tracking your goals enables you to improve upon objectives and strategies. To do this, better adopt a SMART approach:
- Specific: Aim to achieve a precise action.
- Measurable: Measure your goals with relevant data and metrics.
- Achievable: Ensure your goals are achievable.
- Realistic: You need to stay within your budget and don’t use resources that your digital marketing team can’t handle.
- Time-sensitive: Set goals with deadlines. It will help your digital marketing team work strategically.
Wrong target audience
You must avoid the mistake of targeting the wrong audience as part of a digital marketing campaign. You try to reach out to more people but feel discouraged when people don’t buy your products or services. Targeting the right audience with proper research and testing would be best. To do that, you need a competent digital marketing team who have done online digital marketing certification courses and know the trade tricks to target the right audience.
For starters, create marketing personas resembling your previous customers. These personas can be based primarily on:
- Buying habits
After establishing the persona, you target an audience, hoping they provide better Returns On Investment (ROI).
Superficial approach to SEO
You need to have a blog with well-written SEO-optimised website content for visibility and to attract organic traffic. SEO is a fast-changing game; you need to be well-informed and follow the ever-changing rules.
SEO experts with relevant online digital marketing certification can significantly ensure that content related to your business, product, or service appears prominently at the top of search results. The key to having a sound SEO strategy is based on the following:
- Quality content: Search engines like Google favour high-quality, relevant, well-researched web content. Making it visually rich with images and videos will ensure time spent by the target audience is longer, ultimately boosting their engagement.
- Right keywords: Using the right keywords can help you get the desired rank in search results. A Keyword is a word your target audience searches online. The right keyword will focus on your business/product /service and put you at the top of a specific search volume with the highest ranking.
- Friendliness: Nowadays, people like to search online while on the move. As such, a mobile-friendly website will get better placement in search results.
- Image name optimization: If possible, you must name your image files correctly with your target keyword. Defining alt tags to get a higher ranking in search results helps.
- Backlinks: Backlinks from authority domains and influencers can help your webpage get a better ranking in search results.
- URLs: It's better to use short and clean URLs containing prime target keywords. Also, giving an accurate page description will help boost your webpage's ranking in search results.
To best utilise SEO for better ranking, you must keep yourself updated with changes in SEO format and algorithms and learn from them if you plan to devise and deploy your strategy and resources. You can also deploy the services of a professional SEO service provider whose job is to provide services to the clientele. They apply the SEO knowledge of resources that have gained their expertise, having successfully cleared some of the best digital marketing courses.
Nowadays, any business needs to have a strong presence on social media. Use it to spread positive connotations about your business. Poorly executed social media promotions can result in a negative pitch that can backfire on you.
Use social media to engage with your customers directly, expand your reach and build relationships. However, consistency and timings are critical. You need to develop a commensurate social media posting strategy with your goals. The key is to implement a strategy that is:
Most importantly, it would be best to have a dedicated team to handle your social media pitch. Headed by a social media manager, the team must have a content creator (visual/written), SEO expert, and social media platform handler. The team will need to create a strategy to give a boost to your social media followers, engage with them, team up with influencers, and make regular promotional campaigns across various social media platforms.
Digital marketing is the way to promote your business in the 21st century. You can develop a strong digital marketing strategy that covers SEO, social media, and optimised content. The idea is that it should help target the right kind of audience. To do that, you need to have a qualified digital marketing expert in your ranks. We at Imarticus create digital marketing experts who can help your business grow. We provide some of the best online digital marketing certification courses. Contact us via chat support or message, or drive into our training centre in Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Thane, Ahmedabad, Pune, and Gurgaon.