20 Trailblazers Leading The Way In Investment Banking
According to an article published in the Indian Express, Investment Banking is regarded as one of the top two careers in India. This is also regarded as the future of the Fintech industry, particularly with the advent of various technologies every day. If you learn investment banking today, then you will reap the sweet harvest all along your life.
What is Investment Banking?
Investment banking is typically defined as the business model or a deal where the bankers create wealth for the second party. In simpler words, an investment banker’s job is to analyse the market and help third parties such as other corporate (private) entities and government bodies to generate capital.
Top 20 Investment Banking Organisations Leading the Way
- JPMorgan Chase: It is an America-based investment bank and as of 2022, the largest in the USA. It is regarded as the pioneer in the investment banking sector for its path-breaking works.
- Lazard: Lazard is an international financial advisory institution with a prominent presence in New York City, London and Paris. It offers a wide array of services. From investment management to capital growth, many international firms have taken the lead from Lazard.
- Mitsubishi UF J Financial Group: The Japanese industrial giant Mitsubishi formed Mitsubishi UF J Financial Group in 2005 with headquarters in Tokyo. Today, it serves as the second-largest bank holding company in the world with multiple banks and financial groups under its authority.
- Morgan Stanely: Henry Sturgis Morgan and Harold Stanely joined hands to form one of the major investment banking companies that lead the way for future investment bankers. It is recognised as a leading wealth management service provider.
- Wells Fargo Securities: Wells Fargo has more than 70 million customers throughout 35 different countries. This very stat goes to show you the impact of Wells Fargo Securities. It has its headquarters in California.
- Goldman Sachs: Goldman Sachs is among the pioneering investment banking institutions and is ranked second in terms of total annual revenue. It manages the finance of numerous start-ups and established companies.
- Deutsche Bank: This German investment management company has a network in more than 58 countries. The investment bank is one of the four major pillars of Deutsche Bank.
- Credit Suisse: Credit Suisse is a major global investment bank that has headquarters in Zurich. Share services and asset and wealth management are the key offerings of the bank.
- BofA Securities: When it comes to mergers and acquisitions, big companies across the world depend on BofA Securities. Equity and debt management along with wealth flow are the pillars of this top investment banking institution.
- Citigroup: Citi Bank owned by Citigroup is among the Big Four Banks of America with a prominent global presence. As of 2020, it is the largest security service-providing bank.
- Nomura: Nomura Holdings is an integral part of Nomura Group that extends its service in finance management across the world.
- HSBC: HSBC is a British financial management group; also a bank holding organisation (HSBC Holdings) has its presence in 64 countries. It shows new ways to the global investment banking sector with innovative ideas.
- UBS: UBS is a Swiss wealth management organisation. A prominent presence in all major countries makes UBS one of the top players in the investment banking sector.
- Barclays: Barclays is one of the oldest British investment banking companies. Retail banking, wealth management and corporate finances are among the most significant services provided by Barclays.
- Mizuho: Financial services offered by Mizuho include bank services, equities, trust and wealth management.
- Jefferies Group: Jefferies Group offers corporate banking, financial research, investment management, global markets consulting, and industrial trading to its clients.
- BMO Capital Markets: The investment banking division of Canadian Bank is called BMO Capital Markets. It provides access to a variety of financial services for private and government clients.
- BNP Paribas: BNP Paribas is a French multinational banking group. Two of its core roles are Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) and Investment & Protection Services (IPS).
- RBC Capital Markets: RBC Capital Markets is a global investment bank that offers financial services all over the world such as banking, wealth management, risk assessment, and investment management.
- Evercore Partners: Evercore is comparatively a new organisation that has advised mergers and acquisitions of over 4.7 trillion US dollars.
Learn Investment Banking to Redefine Your Career
As we have been discussing, investment banking has created numerous openings. Due to the high market demand, you can secure your future as an investment banker.
Investment Banking Career Options
Investment banking can fetch you lucrative career options in multiple fields. Some of them are:
- Wealth management
- Financial risk assessment
- Economic prediction or forecasting
- Merger and acquisition management
Investment Banking Course With Placement
If you dedicate a few months to training yourself in investment banking, then you can create a massive opportunity for yourself in the future. The demand for the designation in India and abroad is exponentially rising. Join an investment banking course with placement opportunities to make your future secure.