As a software engineering certificate holder, it's crucial to stay up-to-date on the latest programming practices. Many new programming techniques and tools are constantly emerging, and it can be challenging to keep track of them all. This blog post will discuss 12 trending programming practices that you should be aware of.
Table of Contents
Here are 12 trending programming practices every software engineering certificate holder should know:
- Functional programming
It is a style that emphasizes the use of functions. This programming style can help you write code that is more concise, reliable, and easy to understand.
- Test-driven development
It is a style that emphasizes the use of tests. This programming style can help you write code that is more reliable and easier to understand.
- Object-oriented programming
Object-oriented programming is a style of programming that emphasizes the use of objects. These objects can interact with each other to perform tasks.
- Design patterns
These are reusable solutions to common software design problems. They are not specific to any programming language or platform and can get used in various situations.
It is the process of improving the design of existing code. It's a form of optimization that helps to improve performance or reduce complexity.
- SOLID Principles
The SOLID principles are a set of best practices for object-oriented design. These principles can help guide you to creating more maintainable and scalable software.
The solid principles are:
- Single responsibility principle
- Open-closed principle
- The Liskov substitution principle
- Interface segregation principle
- Dependency inversion principle
- Don't Repeat Yourself (DRY)
The DRY principle is a software engineering guideline that states that "every piece of knowledge must have a single, unambiguous, authoritative representation within a system."
Containerization is packaging an application with dependent libraries and files into a container. It enables the application to run quickly and reliably in any environment without any changes.
It is an architectural style in which an extensive application gets divided into more minor, independent services. Each service runs its process and communicates with other services through well-defined APIs.
- Automated Code Review
A code review tool automatically allows developers to check their code for errors and potential problems.
- Continuous integration
Continuous integration is a development practice requiring developers to integrate code into a shared repository frequently.
- Test-Driven Development
Test-driven development is a methodology that requires developers to write tests for their code before they write the code itself.
These are just a few trending programming practices that every software engineering certificate holder should know.
Discover software engineer certification online with Imarticus Learning
The goal of the Software Engineering Certificate course is to assist future software engineers in obtaining the most effective learning experience. It's perfect for IT professionals aspiring to work as new-age Software Engineer who focuses on Cloud, Blockchain, and IoT technologies.
Course Benefits For Learners:
- Study cutting-edge technologies like cloud, blockchain, and IoT and various real-world projects that will expose students to multiple sectors to prepare for an exciting career.
- Students can obtain hands-on experience working with well-known firms or on current-event initiatives.
- Impress employers and showcase your Software Engineering skills with a cloud DevOps engineer certification endorsed by one of India's most prestigious academiThe goal of the Software Engineering Certificate course is to assist future software engineers in obtaining the most effective learning experience. It's perfect for IT professionals aspiring to work as new-age Software Engineer who focuses on Cloud, Blockchain, and IoT technologies.c collaborations.